What is a Short-Term Visitor Appointment?
A visiting appointment must have the below components:
- some form of Rutgers compensation processed via the University's payroll system (at any faculty rank)
- be for a specified period (not to exceed one year at a time)
- upon recommendation of the Department and Dean
Short-Term Visiting Letter Request
The letter requesting the appointment should be written by the host Department Chair (or, in the case of centers, from the Center Director) and addressed to the Interim Executive Deans James Masschaele and Susan Lawrence.
The Short Term Visiting request should have the following information:
- Name of appointee
- Title (All titles must begin with 'Visiting' i.e., Visiting Scholar, etc.)
- Appointment dates
Appointments may be made for a maximum of one year, and may be reappointed, or extended in subsequent years.
A visiting appointment shall not exceed two successive years unless approved by the Division Dean.
- Reason for visit
- Faculty sponsor
- Area of research/duties
- CV must be attached to the request