Non-aligned Performance Management System FY 2023 Goal Setting
The FY 2023 Goal Setting period opened August 1, 2022 in the Non-aligned Staff Performance Management System. The Goal Setting process should be completed by September 30, 2022.
The University Human Resources Performance Management Program website has various resources for the Manager/Supervisor, the Non-aligned Employee, as well as for Faculty who are Managers, to assist with the Goal Setting process. In addition, please find the PowerPoint presentation, Goals – An Overview, presented by Vice Dean of Administration, Maria Anderson, during the August Administrative Seminar.
Manager/Supervisor of Non-aligned Staff
- At this time, you should be establishing the Performance Goals for the unit and for each of the Non-aligned staff who report to you. In establishing the Performance Goals please review the job duties of the Non-aligned Staff Employee and formulate Performance Goals (suggest 2 – 3) that encompass the critical duties of the position. In addition, identify 1 or 2 Performance Goals related to a project or initiative. When defining the Performance Goal and establishing the Thresholds please develop SMART Goals with clearly articulated Thresholds. The Performance Management website has a SMART Goal Bank, as well as a SMART Goals worksheet to assist with Performance Goal development. There are also SMART goal setting resources in LinkedIn Learning.
- At this time, you can also establish Development Goals (suggest 1 – 2) for the non-aligned staff employee.
- Share the Performance and Development Goals with the Non-aligned Staff Employee. The formulation and discussion of both Performance and Development goals can be done mostly outside the system. Once the supervisor and employee have agreed upon the Development and Performance Goals the employee can enter the goals, with Thresholds for Performance Goals, in the Non-aligned Performance Management system. The supervisor may also cascade Performance Goals to an employee (s) on your Team.
Non-aligned Staff Employee (to be done concurrently with Manager steps above)
- Access your FY 2023 Goal Plan from the Home page under My Goal Plans. Be sure to select the FY 2023 Goal Plan.
- Complete the Initial Self Assessment by clicking Edit to the right in the Initial Self Assessment box. Be sure to Save your entries. If you answered “Yes” to the question Are you a manager…?” your Self-Assessment will include both the Leadership (L) Competencies and the Professional (P) Competencies (unless you were recently hired). The Performance Management website has information on the Leadership Competencies and Professional Competencies.
- Begin to create, in conjunction with your supervisor, Development Goals (to be aligned with a Competency) and Performance Goals for FY 2023.
Manager/Supervisor and Non-aligned Staff Employee
- Discuss the Self-Assessment, Development, and Performance Goals and thresholds for FY2023.
- The employee or the Manager/Supervisor may enter the Performance and Development Goals in the system including the relevant Thresholds.
Non-aligned Staff Employee
- The Non-aligned Staff Employee should review their Goal Plan page to ensure you have Green checks in the headers of Self-Assessment, Developmental Goal and Performance Goal. If yes, you should scroll up and Submit for Approval button. Please note, this will lock the Goal Plan.
- Complete the Attestation, checking the box, click Next and then Finish. The notification email will be sent to the Manager.
- You will receive an email and the Notification Bell (upper right), from there you can access the employee’s Goal Plan. Click on Goal Plan Tab and click on Employee’s Name. If complete, click Approve and the Goal Setting process is complete. If the Goal Plan is not acceptable, click Reject and make Comments about the changes needing to be made. This will unlock the Goal Plan and the Non-aligned Employee can make changes and Submit for Approval again.
If you have any questions about the Non-aligned Performance Management system and the FY23 Goal Setting process, please email, Rosemary Lane at .