What is the Chart of Accounts?
The chart of accounts is a multi-dimensional segment codes to capture the different aspects of transactions at Rutgers University.
What is the Chart composed of?
- Unit: 3 Digit Code that represents the School SAS is 450
- Division: 4 Digit Code that groups the Organization into alternative hierarchies example: Humanities, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Math and Physical Sciences)
- Organization/Department: 4 digit code that identifies your department/center/bureaus/institute
- Location: Identifies the area For SAS use 2110
- Fund Type: 3 digit code that identifies the funding source
- Account: 5 digit code that identifies the transaction as either expense or revenue
- Business Line: 4 digit code that identifies the mission being offered
- Activity: 4 digit code, not currently used
- Intra Unit: 3 digit code, not currently used
- Future: 5 digit code, not currently used